Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two Letters... The Unsent Series, Volume 2, Part IX

.:It Feels Rather Strange: The Unsent Series, Volume 2: Part IX:.

Dear Pomelo,

It may feel a bit weird talking to you now, after all this time, after everything that's happened.

But it feels so right. It feels right knowing I could now speak to someone whom I loved and actually loved me back, as time apart has made us think of the very things we treasured about each other.

I know you've moved on now, and I know you're happy with someone else. Clearly I didn't quite find the same fortune. Despite that, I know my role and will gladly play that part right. I'm not going to be any trouble at all. Just a person who is slowly rediscovering the joy of your friendship, and no more than that.

It's funny how our ability to connect with each other started from Korea, and now starts all over again from Korea. I guess that's something I can't help but find amusing and strange all at the same time.


Dear Licorice,

Am I not the master of terrible timing? It seems I am. I don't even know if I'm still fulfilling my role of being there for you in your time of need, at this point. Nonetheless, I keep on keeping on.

I believe that there's so much more I can do for you and that's why I do go out of my way to be there for you. Despite that, I do second guess my every move when it comes to you, because I don't want to make the same old mistakes again.

Stay strong, Licorice. Not for me, but for yourself. And thank you.

No comments: