Thursday, September 23, 2010

Goodbye, But Not The End

.:Goodbye, But Not The End...:.



Here comes another single from the man, the legend, Rick Astley. Well, what can I say, right? He performed this just last month, yet with still no word about a full-length album coming out, it’s just awesome to know that he’s still churning out new music and keeping the fans happy

Now, while most people recognize Rick Astley for his classics, such as “Never Gonna Give You Up,” has it ever occurred to anyone that he had an album entitled “Portrait” and it featured him covering some of the greatest hits known to man? From “Vincent” by Don McLean to “Make It Easy On Yourself” by Jerry Butler. 2005 was an awesome year for the man, and as if the universe conspired to make things even cooler, I found out that he has a Twitter account.

Yes, I’m following him now. What else did you expect me to do, right?

And, by the way, the lyrics.

Goodbye, But Not The End
by Rick Astley

We're hanging here by just our fingertips
Trying to stop the words from falling from our lips

But I've got a feeling
That I'll see you soon again
Yeah I've got feeling
Its goodbye but not the end
Its not the end

So hold on just a little longer
You fall down, get back up but stronger
I will wait for you

Now I'm standing here
Just staring at my feet
'Cause one look in your eyes
And I'm never gonna leave

But I've got a feeling
That I'll see you soon again
Yeah I've got feeling
Its goodbye but not the end
Its not the end

So hold on just a little longer
You fall down, get back up but stronger
I will wait for you

Don't give up
Yeah we'll be together
'Cause goodbye is not bye forever
I will wait for you, for you

Now the world turns 'round
Its spinning, its spinning
Sun goes up, goes down
In this second that we're in
Gotta hold on tight, hold on tight now
Its goodbye but not the end

So hold on just a little longer
You fall down, get back up but stronger
I will wait for you
Don't give up
Yeah we'll be together
'Cause goodbye is not bye forever
I will wait for you, for you

And the world turns but its not the end
Yeah the world turns but its not the end
Yeah the world turns but its not the end
Yeah the world turns but its not the end


.:Soooo Not Looking Forward To Next Week...:.

I seriously, seriously don’t want to remember that I’ve been existing for 27 years too long than I should’ve by next week. Feh.

Went to the station on Tuesday, and hung out with the usual gang of idiots from the Disenchanted Kingdom. KDL was there, but he had to leave immediately, so after finding out about some very delectable items from Marf on the air, hearing Lu Skywalker sing “Alone” in Filipino, and a host of other hilarious antics, I must say, it was a great show.

I was even going to watch the RT premiere that night, but May showed up late, so we watched The Expendables instead. Felt a bit sad when she told me she was going to leave the country soon, though. I guess that’s the end of the line for Sunflower Girl...

So yeah, not looking forward to next week. Everything seems to just be crunching along, and I don’t even know what the hell I’m doing here anymore.

No comments: