Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 52 (5/52): Lonely Island Feat. Akon - Just Had Sex

.:Project 52 (5/52): Lonely Island Feat. Akon – I Just Had Sex:.



Okay... let me preface this week’s entry by saying that Project 52 isn’t necessarily about the most awesome songs of the soundtrack of my life, or songs that define who I am at a particular moment in time. This song, obviously, is as opposite of me as one can possibly imagine, but you see, this song has been stuck in my head for the past how many days, and sometimes, a Project 52 entry can simply be about a particular song that you couldn’t just get out of your head at the time of writing.

This is one of those times.

From what I know of Lonely Island, they seem to be a comedy music act who seem to be getting some top-level musicians to actually feature on their songs. This song is pretty tongue-in-cheek, but equally crass with the lyrics, and if you’re not of age, I strongly suggest you cover your ears and just enjoy watching the video instead. I suppose the title “I Just Had Sex” should already be enough to clue you in that this isn’t your usual wholesome fare, but hey, I don’t want to assume anything.

Anyways, the song is catchy and has been stuck in my head for Hades knows how long. As I write this, I can actually hear the song playing in my head, and it both amuses and annoys me, as the song vexes me so, in more levels than one.

Well, I’m not proud of it, but that’s week 4 of my Project 52. Hopefully, by next week, I’d have a more presentable song to show off to everyone.

No comments: