Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And Now, Thoughts Just Come Rushing In... RE: I-Blog 4

.:And Now, The Thoughts Come Rushing In...:.

Here's the thing. I've been blogging for about six or so years already, but for the life of me, pro-blogging, or Hades, even just photo-blogging or vlogging, has never really crossed my mind.

Last Saturday though, something about Aileen's and Cokski's presentation at I-Blog 4 struck a chord with me.

Now, being a DJ/former DJ (Let's discuss that bit tomorrow, mmkay? I'm tired blogging almost non-stop today.), I'd like to think I can speak at least just as well as the average podcaster, and I was just asking myself, outside of startup costs and time spent editing, what exactly was stopping me from doing at the very least, an actual, honest-to-goodness vlog, every now and then, never mind the lack of video quality?

Seriously, it made me ponder things quite a bit. While I do like writing, speaking and visual implements are something up my alley due to my hosting and mentalism. Given a decent video camera and a decent concept, I could come up with a program that would prove to be worth at least a weekly watch, and it wouldn't take me too much effort aside from organizing the shoots and doing decent editing once the startup is realized.

Hades, assuming I don't go all-out and just plain pro-blog (Google AdSense would like a word on me about preventing me from ever making much profit, plus I'm nowhere near as prolific a writer as I think the high-end pros are.), and assuming people are fine watching a video shot by a 1.3 Megapixel Nokia Phone, I think I already *have* the capability to do a weekly vlog (Or maybe a bi-weekly one.), although a part of me still wishes to purchase my own domain already.

But having said that, I'm just rambling. I know I know so many bloggers here who have monetized already (Jonas being the first that comes to mind.), I still am honestly daunted by starting up at a time where I'm doing my thesis and still banking on getting back into Campus FM.

So for now, let's just say that unless I suddenly find myself pushed in the right direction by certain wonderful, selfless, helpful people, I guess an actual problogging career for yours truly isn't in the cards, really.

However, I do have an idea for at least a blog/vlog segment I'd like to do that I'm sure is original, since I haven't heard this done even abroad...

.:The Ambassador: Realizing The Dream:.

If there was one thing I wanted to achieve as a performer of mentalism and magic, I always wanted to be an ambassador of sorts, being capable of showing to the world at large what Philippine magic is all about, while at the same time being a very active netizen who stays abreast of the goings-on in the Philippine industry. While my level of fame as such would honestly be suspect when compared to, say, a Rannie Raymundo, I would like to think that my ability to stay connected to other netizens outside of the magic industry helps me get some unexpected leverage in order for me to be able to realize this dream someday.

But then, I can't just keep on dreaming without planning my action towards this eventual goal, and just this weekend, a brilliant idea hit me, when I was asked by the I-Blog 4 attendees to perform for them after I pitched my blog...

You see, aside from cosplayers, I discovered that bloggers are the most appreciative audience I've ever encountered. They're extremely thrilled by mentalism and magic, and even one person whom I expected to heckle me all the way was kind enough to keep the inadvertently mistaken "exposure" off-camera, ergo, treating the art with more expect than I personally expected of him. There's something to be said about being able to entertain everyone from Shari to Ms. Noemi, and I figured, why not share the fun to everyone at large?

So my idea is this, and hear me out, people... how about a weekly vlog where I feature a particular blogger, including the requisite bio-data and perhaps even interview, and cap it off with a small performance for them?

I don't know if it'd work out, but the idea sounds cool to me, and it'd give me a chance to meet up with bloggers on a regular basis. If only for that, I like this plan already, and it's better than anything else anyone has come up with me, because I don't have the cajones JawKneeYeah has to actually sing or dance. That's what I learned mentalism for, after all. Hehehehe.

What do you guys think? Yay, or nay?

5 comments:

Ria Jose said...

I'd like that. Veryyy cooool! Please show moar magics!

Kel Fabie said...

Well, here's hoping you're still in town then, Ria. I should feature you first, just in case. :p

Janette Toral said...

Hi Marcelle. I think your idea is great. Yes, you can start with bloggers and expand your audience from there.

joyfulchicken said...

Yes yes, do it.

Anonymous said...

It's a yay! Go, go, go!