Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Sassy Girl: America

.:My Sassy Girl, The Remake...:.



I'm highly skeptical about this, mainly because the original was as close to perfection as a movie can get, and American remakes of Asian films for the most part have been misses, barring "The Departed".

The trailer doesn't have the Asian sensibilities where it was clear that the Sassy Girl character was plain unstable rather than just mean-spirited. There's just so much that could go wrong when you adapt the movie and Americanize it, and I don't think it's just because Jeon Ji-Hyun is ultimately hotter than nigh any girl Hollywood can throw at me.

If you're going to Americanize the film, I think you had to find someone who's more cute than hot, and someone who can pull off the bipolar switch Jeon Ji-Hyun managed to pull off excellently. Otherwise, there's really no point to it at all.

No comments: