Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hosting Again!

.:Prelude To A Long Day's Work...:.

Much thanks to Zack Attack of 99.5 Campus FM for helping me get last Saturday's gig.

Having said that, I wish I had a good list of Budget Hotels In The Philippines so I could've saved myself some stress and slept overnight before the event instead, but hey, it was still a success despite having been totally underslept.

You see, that hosting gig in Baguio? I got it on such short notice, and had to be there by lunchtime. It was crazy, because I had to hustle to the City of Pines as early as four in the morning, and I was still kinda groggy as I made my way on the bus.

Even worse, the guy in my row was snoring incredibly loudly. With that, the blazing sun, and the bus DVD player, there was no way an insomniac like me could catch my forty winks on the ride to Baguio...

And much to my chagrin, I ended up seeing "Meet The Spartans" anyway. It was even worse than I thought it would be. Ugh.

.:Destination Found:.

The event was Sun Cellular's Dance Showdown finals for Central and North Luzon. Up for grabs was 50,000 pesos worth of prizes. It was definitely going to be one heckuva ride, not to mention the fact that Jay-R was on hand to really draw the crowd in. SM City Baguio was going to be packed today with people who came to see Jay-R and the ten finalists for the competition.

Needless to say, yours truly was blown away by the sheer volume of people. I was telling Emar (The floor director) that I was a tad intimidated, but no worries, I soldiered on.

And it took me a while, mind you. I really had to get the hang of things a bit, before the ad libs started to flow freely. Towards the end of the first half of the show, I was hardly referring to my cue cards anymore. I was just really going with the flow, which of course meant I would sometimes be harsh to the contestants if I didn't like their performance. Hehe.

Anyways, after all was said and done, University of Baguio took away the top prize.

After bonding with the events group since I hitched a ride home with them, I ended up hitting the sack at 2:30 in the morning the next day. It was a really long day, but I had a lot of fun, and it was a great experience, commuting all the way to Baguio.

It was also a nice return to large-scale hosting, since I haven't been doing events this big for a while, and introducing myself as "Kel Vader of 99.5 Campus FM" gave me shivers. Damn that radio bug! It bit me, and now, I'm back in the groove of things. :P

No comments: