Monday, July 07, 2008

Campus 99.5 Funnies...

.:This Is NOT John Hendrix!:.

So after coming from the Pond’s event in Mall Of Asia, I got to the station during BoyToy’s timeslot, and shortly discovered that I will be boarding with a ton of my fellow Aircheckers: Gracey, Deedah, Arn, Matt, Vanessa, and Janna. It was a merry menagerie as all of us went on air at some point, and since it was a Campus Classic Weekend, my trivia knowledge as far as the music goes went up by a hundredfold, so ad libbing wasn’t much of a problem, although it was a matter of properly dividing the time on air between all of us.

I boarded during the first hour, Arn took over for the second, and then Janna took over for the third hour and all the way ‘til John Hendrix got into the booth since he woke up late due to the U.P. Freshman’s Night party where the aircheckers mostly came from.

Anyways, we were having fun as I showed my age by rapping along to Vanilla Ice, singing along to Boy Bands, and the like, but what amused them was when I started doing impressions of a few jocks while we were off the air. They especially liked my Triggerman impression, although the Jimmy Jam one was just okay, according to them.

Anyways, while we were waiting for John Hendrix to get there, I took it upon myself to make them feel his presence on the airwaves, and mustering my best impression, I told them…

How’s it going? Are you flowing? This is NOT John Hendrix, and you’re listening to the Campus Classic Weekend here on the number one Hit music station in Metro Manila, Campus 99.5! Maintain this frequency!!!

Vanessa even followed it up with her best impression, and I told them that this was NOT Sharon Yu…

We had a laugh trip throughout the morning, and it was just great bonding with the Campus Aircheckers again. The next day, it was just me and Gracey, but boy, did we have fun, considering all the nutty stuff, including the dedication of “Cool Ka Lang” to Jaja, Gina, Jack, and Nadya, plus looking for a massage after having heard “My Happy Ending” by Avril Lavigne.

Much thanks to the people on Plurk for keeping me company for most of my show as well! It was really fun hearing your comments about the music we played, although realizing that 90’s music is now considered retro kinda makes me feel old…

No comments: