Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Shabu-Shabu Affair... (No, Not The Drug.)

.:On A High, On A High...:.

Much love goes out to Byahilo! He made it possible for me to be at this event... how could I even forget?!?

I'm a big fan of good food, and one of the best places I've found myself in recently has got to be Healthy Shabu-Shabu, as the fine people there showed us the ropes when it came to enjoying this delectable treat, amid a microphone with massive echo, and hungry bloggers galore.

The food was amazing, and the company was more of the same. I must admit, it was a tad difficult following the instructions when it came to preparing the food, but once we got over the initial humps, the motions came easy. I had lamb and seafood, and the amazing thing to me was how quickly the meat would be cooked because it was sliced so thinly! Imagine: dipping the meat in the soup would already cook the meat in a mere ten seconds! If you left it in, you'd inadvertently flavor your soup, which in my case, gave the soup this rich, delectable lamb-y sensation when I was polishing off the contents of my pot.

It's amazing though how steeped in history something like Shabu-Shabu actually is: from the time of Genghis Khan, the process was renamed by the Japanese to signify the swishing sound the soup makes as you are preparing it. Needless to say, thanks to the wonderful assistance of the very helpful staff, the experience was a pleasant one, even for the people like myself who can hardly even cook, to begin with.

Lest we forget, the dessert was likewise splendid. It was something like Halo-Halo, except there were so many fruits in the dish, and it made for an excellent way to cap off the sumptuous feast we had. I doubt anyone wasn't totally full after

Much love goes out to the people who made this possible. If you want to have a great meal and an excellent time, don't hesitate to go to Healthy Shabu-Shabu, with numerous branches all over the metro!

This amazing meal was followed by a coffee nightcap with fellow bloggers Kring, Poyt, Coy, Markku, Juned, and Fritz. Hope I didn't miss anyone from that!

No comments: