Thursday, October 28, 2004

.:The Godfather:.

Grace's elder sister, who recently gave birth, has picked me by default to be the godfather of her daughter...

Wow. Talk about making sure I stay in touch with Grace for the years to come, regardless what happens. =D

.:Never Saw It That Way...:.

I personally avoid reading a lot into stories. Besides, I know that if you want me to know something about how you feel, you'll tell me. ^_^

Of course I would. If I knew the right way to say it. ::sighs::

.:Breaking News:.

Robi the Rascal is leaving WAVE soon. That means I'll be taking over his timeslot every single time I can...

I don't know if that's good news... I guess that explains precisely why he was gone the whole week last week.

When I told JayBee about it, she replied...

That means you'll have the show to yourself! Hey, do you need a female partner? Hahaha!

When I told Abby that if she were a guy, then it would've been great if she could apply for the job, she then replied...

What's wrong with me? I look like a guy now because of my haircut. =) And you can tell sir Joe that we work well together on air... =)

That's true, though. Abby and I used to be partners in an AM radio portion, and we really had great rapport. I think it's still there to this day...

.:Interesting...:.

It's been quite a while since I last managed to bond with Lani, and it's been interesting hearing from her, really. I guess everyone does have their own respective problems with relationships, regardless how perfect things may seem to be on the outside.

I'm glad I got the chance to talk to her, though. I've stated my case and my issues with certain people about certain topics for so many times already in the past. I figure it's a good idea for me to simply just be happy that someone somehow felt a bit better by telling me about her problems. I know the things she went through were anything but easy, but she has a good head on her shoulders, really.

Nonetheless, I'm glad, all the same. I feel that things would somehow sort themselves out when the time is right for her. I wish the same could be said for me, though...

Sigh...

.:Gone:.

It's not quite the same, anymore.

Some friends whom I used to regard so highly just simply drifted away from me for no apparent reason. Not a specific group, mind you. Individuals here and there, who just drifted away as though I suddenly lost their friendship to some rather saddening extent.

For instance, when I ran into this particular friend of mine, I could hardly engage myself so actively in a conversation with that friend. I was rather aloof and distancing myself, as I simply felt like I couldn't quite approach that friend of mine the way I used to... it was sad, really. There was this invisible wall between us, and I just didn't know how to break through it.

This other friend of mine is rather similar. We used to share a lot of time together just talking about this or that thing and relationships in general. For some odd reason, it all just stopped.

If it were just my fault, I'd be less sad about it. At least, I know it's something I could change.
But it's not purely my fault. There are way too many intervening factors that make their presence felt throughout the whole equation...

It's too bad, really. I guess despite my being low-maintenance and all, there are still some things that I simply cannot do away with when it comes to a friendship...

.:At Last:.

I finally met up with Maia after the longest time. Of course, the fact that going to La Salle is quite a bastich to do sort of contributed to the dearth of visits to the place lately.

In any case, Maia and I talked mostly about how she's been doing lately, from her band, to her erstwhile relationship that still feels... complicated.

I won't divulge more than I need to, but needless to say, I hardly believe it's over between them, really. Just because one or the other would act like a diva/superwoman does not mean that “moving on” is going to happen right away. I highly doubt it.

I was rather disturbed by the whole bit about dedicating songs, though. I don't quite see why he picked those songs... at the same time, I don't need to be fed vivid images of Maia's grandparents... err... reproducing. She was rather fond of injecting images in my head that were just plain wrong... she even showed a very disturbing image of a new species of dinosaur...

It's been good seeing Maia again. It's been a while, and inasmuch as I'd love to be there every week, my schedule definitely does not allow that to happen... oh, well.

No comments: