Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hanging Out

.:Luna Lovegood Rocked:.

I'll mention that lest I forget that fact.

.:Music And Magic:.

Saturday night was a slow night for The Story Circle, but I still had a good enough time hanging out with the people, as I was still on a high about my last show.

In any case, it didn't take long before we quickly parted ways, and I ended up going to Music 21 with Elbert, Johan, and Myca, where we sang our hearts out. I did mostly novelty songs, and for some reason, I just really sing better when it's Michael V and not Gary V.

In any case, Saturday night was a slow night, but prior to that, my Saturday was just splendid, thanks to, of course, my Beloved.

.:New Worlds Alliance Sunday:.

I dropped in on the New Worlds Alliance exhibit last Sunday with Camy, and it was definitely a ton of fun. Hanging out with her and guys like Markpoa was awesome, not to mention the fact that I ended up meeting a lot of other people, and performing magic for Philippine Hogwarts members, which has to be some form of irony somewhere...

From there, I prepared for my teaching demo as well as my Monday class, and I ended up really exhausted, but that's a story that will have to wait. NWA was a handful, and it was loads of fun.

On that day, I really just prepared a few items I can use, and practiced my hypnotism effects, as it were. It was way fun, as I realized it was cheek that would carry me through. Blindsight and Liquid Metal were two big hits as well.

Aside from all of that, I also had a chance to try out Talecraft on the spot. I ended up creating a story based on the WWE, as Vince McMahon was the first name that came to mind upon reading "Evil Overlord" as one of the characters I must use for my story.

It was cool. People like Joy were there, as well as some other regular cosplayers, and all in all, it was a relaxed atmosphere that was perfect for me to do a bit more on-the-spot practice for my craft.

Amusingly enough, some people who didn't even know about this event but would fit right in the festivities showed up, namely Edj and Ash.

No comments: