Friday, July 20, 2007

Here Goes Nothing...

.:The Teaching Demo Of Doom!:.

Well, thankfully, the people at the school I’m applying to teach in changed their minds and asked me to do my demo in front of a class instead of just simply in front of an observer. I was really glad because that allowed me to establish a rapport with the students that definitely made things lively for them. I can safely say that my demonstration was well-received by the observer, although that is no guarantee for me that I will indeed get hired, as I’m still unsure if my current class schedule got to them, and of course, next semester will be another hurdle altogether if I don’t get the classes I really need to get…

That being said, my demo of paraphrasing Sonnet 18 from Shakespeare went over really well with the students. The skit I wanted them to do turned out to be something they *really* wanted to do, but obviously, time did not permit us to pull it off. There’s also something to be said about my ability to tie Blindsight with the lecture, as it definitely elicited a bit of a reaction from the students, despite the fact that I didn’t signpost exactly what it was that I was attempting to do.

In any case, my interview after the demo went well all the same. Strong wishes of making it in were tossed in my direction by the interviewers, so I can only hope that the Headmaster would see things the same way…

And please, no “head” jokes. I’ve heard enough of that from Elbert already.

.:The Interviews Aren’t Over Yet, Though…:.

The prognosis looks good, but I have one more interview to go, this time with the owner of the school…

Well, here goes nothing.

No comments: