Yes, that has got to be one of the most disturbing images I've seen this past week...
I don't think I'd need or want to say anything more about that...
.:She Deserves It:.
Maybe she didn't get the votes, but Kendra is still going to be our batch valedictorian. All the power to her. What a way to cap off her year, aside from finally getting together with Yaiba after all this time...
.:The Wacky CS Faculty:.
No wonder Doc Mana is infamous...
- Sacha has a student of hers asking to be a teaching assistant. She puts in a good word for him, effectively making herself Allan's bugaw (Pimp.).
- Eric was fixing his computer while trying to install Debian, with his data partitions under risk of going poof with one wrong move. Sacha happily hits the Enter button on certain important prompts. All this time, you can hear two geeks arguing and you wouldn't understand a word. Think of a basketball player entering a room filled with David Beckham fangirls...
- Eric, relieved that in spite of what Sacha did, his data was still intact, was being ribbed by Doc Mana over his pictures, asking Eric if he had any "XXX photos, or a sacha.gif."
- Doc Mana then proceeds to talk about Sacha's growing fan's club (Looks like Mobile Philippines will see higher sales this month.), and then tells Eric that he missed delivering a speech on the Ph. D. program of the ADMU on Monday because he was too busy watching Eric play the X-Box... how tragic.
If this is any indication of how nutty the faculty can get, I could only imagine what the Philosophy department can be up to, knowing that a good deal of them are sometimes under the influence of alcohol when hobnobbing, whereas the CS people are the more sober bunch...
But hey, don't take that as a knock on the Ateneo faculty. Think of it as a slice of life. They are irrevocably human, after all. And these quirks and idiosyncracies make them all the more interesting people (Considering I have some measure of a chance to be among them, I better say nice things about them... seriously, they're really nice people.).
That, in one word, is what can easily describe this year's Wrestlemania. The most high-profile match in the card is already Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar with Steve Austin as the guest referee, but with both Goldberg and Lesnar likely out of the company after Wrestlemania XX, then you can expect nothing long term to come out from this. At the same time, the match wasn't even hyped properly. Look at it this way: Goldberg had only one date left on his contract. Instead of giving some extra cash to him so he can hype the PPV, they keep him off TV, effectively limiting the hype on his match with Lesnar.
Austin could very well turn heel at this juncture, which may actually be a good thing, although I realize that his last heel run was disastrous. In any case, other than this match, I don't see anything that screams "I have to get this PPV!"
The Rock and Sock Connection vs. 3/4 of Evolution match seems like it's going to be bad. The Rock getting into the feud is pretty pointless, in spite of his being entertaning and all, as this is supposed to be an issue between Foley and Orton. At the same time, I don't feel the least bit comfortable with the fact that they want Orton over and bad, so Orton is likely to win this match for his team.
Big deal! In case the WWE failed to count, this is a handicap match. It will only hurt the cred of Rock and Mick, but not elevate Orton's because there're three of them and only two on the other side.
The other matches seem like clustereffs. There're two fatal-fourway matches between four tag teams each for each brand. That's eight men in one match! A good chunk of these tag team participants aren't even over with the crowd.
Cena vs. Show, Kane vs. Taker, and so forth, aren't anything new. Although I admit I'd mark out to see the old Taker, the fact that he won't sell any moves gets to me, and that explains why Brock could very well leave the company...
There's no big name coming back. No word on Bret Hart. No Hogan, no Savage, no Ricky Steamboat. No Andre (Duh.). This is a very disappointing lineup if only for the fact that we're not seeing anything we haven't seen on TV or some of their other non-Wrestlemania PPV's. So maybe the card is "solid", but look at the tag matches and even the Cruiserweight Open. Too many wrestlers involved, if you ask me. It might not make the match even remotely good...
The main event for RAW is a triple threat match that just took a huge hit on the credibility of the Rumble since there are two number one contenders in this match, yet the one who won the Rumble, Benoit, is being treated like a side attraction, when he should be the focus of the match. Shawn Michaels and HHH did quite a job on Benoit's credibility here, even making Benoit lose to Shawn on RAW a few weeks prior. All in all, it makes you question the point of the Royal Rumble. Why go through all that when you can pick a fight with the champ anyway and get involved in the title scene without earning it in the Rumble?
.:Here's For The Chain Letters On My E-Mail:.
Got this from an e-mail, and this is precisely how I feel about mindless forwards...
THANKS to YOU for sending ME CHAIN LETTERS in 2003:
- I stopped drinking Coca Cola after I found out that it's good for removing toilet stains.
- I stopped going to the movies for fear of sitting on a needle infected with AIDS.
- I smell like a dog since I stopped using deodorants because they cause cancer.
- I don't leave my car in the parking lot or any other place and sometimes I even have to walk about 7 blocks for fear that someone will drug me with a perfume sample and try to rob me.
- I also stopped answering the phone for fear that they ask me to dial a stupid number and then I get a phone bill from hell with calls to Uganda, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- I stopped consuming several foods for fear that the estrogens they contain may turn me gay.
- I also stopped eating chicken and hamburgers because they are nothing other than horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers that are bred in a lab so that places like McDonalds can sell their Big Macs.
- I also stopped drinking anything out of a can for fear that I will get sick from the rat feces and urine.
- I think I'm turning gay because when I go to parties, I don't look at any girl no matter how hot she is, for fear that she will take my kidneys and leave me taking a nap in a bathtub full of ice.
- I also donated all my savings to the Amy Bruce account. A sick girl that was about to die in the hospital about 7,000 times. Funny that girl, she's been 7 since 1993...
- I went bankrupt from bounced checks that I made expecting the $15,000 that Microsoft and AOL were supposed to send me when I participated in their special e-mail program.
- My Ericcson phone never arrived and neither did the passes for a paid vacation to Disneyland.
- But I am positive that all this is the cause of a stinking chain that I broke or forgot to follow and I got a curse from hell.
If you send this e-mail to at least 10 people in the next 10 minutes, hit yourself in the head for being a mindless eff.
Friday, March 12, 2004
.:Let Me Make You Rip Your Eyes Out:.