Tuesday, August 24, 2004

.:Boarding Alone:.

Robbie was absent yesterday, so I had to take over the boardwork. Sir Randy was helping me out here and there, and I had a lot of fun doing the boardwork on my own for some of the stuff. I was actually talking on air while manning the board, which was something I haven't done in quite a while from the time I left RX... still, it's all good. Funny text message I got, though...

You're there, Kel! You're like a mushroom... here, there, and everywhere! Hope you're having a good day.

Dominique was requesting for a song to dedicate to Sacha, though... "Time After Time", or "Tiny Dancer". Man, talk about out of the current playlist... heh. But I'm still grateful for Dominique's willing me on.

.:I Still Can't Believe It:.


The rose among the thorns is leaving on a jetplane…



And so, it was the last night before Sacha left for Japan, and it was a rather interesting night. I got there ahead of everyone else, but unfortunately, Sacha wasn't there, and I essentially screwed myself out of a chance to speak to her for one last time before she left. It's sad, really. Apparently, I let opportunities pass me by, as I didn't go to Landmark to look for her, or go and take the time out to really talk to her while we were removing tags from the stuff she's been buying.

I feel a bit disappointed, but it's my job to understand that no matter how long ago I told her about setting aside this time to talk to her, everyone was too caught up in the occasion, and everyone deserved to spend time with her. I'm no exception. I'm not special or anything.

The attendance was: Peppy, Dominique, Carl, Zeus, Jerome, Sean, and Erick. For the most part, everyone was trying to help out in replacing the hard drive on Sacha's Fujitsu Lifebook. It was pretty amusing, though. Sacha looked really aghast whenever we joked about cutting the hard drive door open, or drilling it. It was amusing how she looked, really. It seemed like she'd really cry over it...

Weird dialogue, though...

Come on! Screw it in! Faster! Faster!

Damn. It's too tight!

Yeah. The head is too round to screw already...

Heh. We were of course talking about opening the hard drive door...

.:The Final Salvo:.

I would have to admit that I was being a bit selfish and all last night when I was hoping to talk to Sacha, but then, I hope that it’s clear that I was being that way because I delayed talking to her until Monday, only to encounter a sudden change of plans that threw it all into disarray...

I apologize for that. I was being a mite insensitive, but I hope that my explanation makes it clear why I was being that way.

Nonetheless, a bad rash of coincidences prevented me from talking to her last night. I tried calling her, she was packing. She tried calling me, I was already asleep. I hope we can talk online in the near future or something. I didn't really intend to say anything earth-shaking or something like that, but what I wanted to say meant the world to me, anyways... she knows what I said. No need to put it here.

I'm faced with the risk of hurting myself over and over again in the position I'm putting myself in, but I'd rather have it this way than to put myself in complete hopelessness. Pain is only temporary. I'll transcend this somehow.

Farewell, Sacha. I know you'll blaze your trail there, and I will be there behind you every step of the way. I'll miss you terribly.

No comments: