Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Free cut yesterday, so I got to work earlier...

.:My Voice! Gakk!:.

I’m losing my voice… for the rest of the week or so, you can call me Sean. Bwehehehehe.

.:More On Yesterday’s Boardwork:.

It was fun going on air with Robbie the Rascal yesterday. We were mostly joking about wanting to go on a date with Brent Javier, and how much he wanted to get in touch with us instead of Pam…

A moment later, Pam starts slapping Robbie around while they were on the air. The funny thing is…

Robbie: I like being slapped around like that…

Marcelle: I did not see that…

Robbie: Oh, look. It’s Kel and his virgin eyes… *drops to a whisper* That’s the only thing that’s virgin about him…

Marcelle: It’d really hurt otherwise…

All in all, a good first boardwork… Carl even saw me at work, as he claimed his prize at the station. Amusingly enough, he sold the tickets for 200 bucks each… lucky guy…

.:Whoosh!!!:.

I got to Ayala in record time, and even had enough time to buy some key Magic cards for my decks before getting picked up by Kathy for the spinning gig. In attendance in the vehicle: Peppy, Sacha, Krissette. We drove onwards, then after getting to the venue, we started setting up. Apparently, Krissette found the other weblog already… heh. She had a pretty interesting reaction to my writing…

In any case, a while later, we finally got to Market! Market! and started getting organized. We had to work on some routines and all, and it wasn’t long before Carl, Erick, and Zeus showed up unexpectedly, albeit they were a welcome reprieve, considering how tiring the spinning got soon enough. Dominique, as expected, showed up a little later on. Things were pretty much okay… the Fisherman’s Friend mints were a hit, though. Helped Sach ease her colds a bit, as the menthol was going through her nose and all…

.:Spin City:.

So Peppy and I started off the spinning, and we were generally having fun. Soon enough, all of us got into the act, and it was going pretty well, as Market! Market! was a really nice place, although that picture of Jollibee they have is a bit disturbing… (I’ll post it next time.) in any case, we were there, and we started doing macho dancing routines mixed in with our regular spinning stuff. When I got my hands on a single poi number, I managed to get that neck wrap thing down to pat, and it looks pretty impressive when you wrap the chain around your neck while the freaking poi is on fire.

In any case, we continued spinning inside the mall, though I shifted so safety duty for the most part inside, and I accidentally singed Sach at one point there… my bad. Sorry about that!

Lots of weird stuff with the macho dancing, I swear… Erick and Peppy had really… explosive acts inside the mall… Mrs. Chua was also there, and she eventually sponsored dinner for us.

.:Over Dinner:.

Carl, Erick, and Zeus left after the gig, and that left Mrs. Chua to sponsor the rest of us to dinner at some Italian restaurant (Pasto was the name of the place, I believe.). The food was great, without a doubt, but the conversations were even more interesting. Dom had a very dirty pair of hands, and then…

Dominique: How black is your blouse, Sacha?

Sacha: You’re mean!

Marcelle: You can hold her by her shoulders, and tell her how much you’d miss her, then stroke her hair while you’re at it. That’d really clean your hands up in a hurry…

Krissette then gave me an evaluation about my poetry, and she figured that I had a severe lack of imagery when it came to my writing. I guess that’s because I tend to write with some image in sight already, and I tend to take it for granted that anyone else who’d read my poems would see it as such. She liked “Gone” (The Flashfic.), but what was really amazing was… (Pieced together dialogue. Not an exact transcript.)

Marcelle: Say, Dom. If you narrowed your eyes a bit more and put your hands together, you’d look like Jollibee!

Dominique: So I’d be twirling around in a really awkward way like so?

Kathy: Don’t joke. I know someone who spins poi that way.

Krissette: *CACKLES*

Dominique: I never heard Krissette cackle like that.

Marcelle: What a vicious laugh!

Dominique tried drawing the guy in the restaurant on my triple short story… (The one I’d post soon enough… still need some more editing.) he has no idea how well he captured the whole thing…

We ended up talking about Canada and migration, though. I was talking about how nice it would be to get married there, and then they realized that gay marriages are legal in Canada, and they put two and two together… Am I glad Mrs. Chua doesn’t get freaked out with all the gayness…

.:On The Way Home:.

We all thanked Mrs. Chua for the sumptuous dinner (And I ended up getting thanked for sponsoring the Fisherman’s Friend mints, which was a hit with everyone by the end of the night.). Herbz showed up in the middle of dessert, and just looked at us going all literary and artistic there…

Anyways…

Kathy: We have to try and go back…

Marcelle: Have you seen Peppy do that? When it comes to taking things from behind, Peppy’s the best.

Kathy: Marcelle!

Marcelle: I meant driving. Have you ever seen him go in reverse? It’s scary!

Peppy: They don’t call me Mach -5 for nothing.

Oh, well…

It’s been a good day, overall. I just hope the people who’ve been sick recently get well soon… myself included.

No comments: