Tuesday, August 24, 2004


Sigh...



.:It's A Par-tay:.

So en route to Sacha's birthday celebration, I was attacked by Peppy's sister's dalmatian. Heh. No biggie.

Anyways, we got to Sacha's house, and only Cyril got there ahead of us. It was interesting for the most part, because they were talking about L5R and stuff, and I got lost in the conversation quickly enough. Sach was kind enough to entertain me a bit there, as she has been nothing short of wonderful to me as a friend that night.

She then got changed and wore something that loosely resembled a see-through Kimono top, and a red leather dress and stiletto boots. Typical dominatrix outfit, really, but it was certainly an eyeful... heh.

Soon enough, Dominique got there, and it turned out that the celebration will be at the second AdPhoto studio, which wasn't so far from their house. We got there, and we helped out preparing stuff for the most part. It wasn't long before the people started going there, and it was exceedingly interesting when I saw the guest list... people like Anton Sevilla, Hope, Yaiba, Kendra, and other people I knew showed up, and it came as no surprise to me that given this potential cash cow occasion, what with all the Chua relatives there, Kathy decided to demonstrate fire spinning.

Unfortunately, she also decided to include me in the lineup. I was wearing a formal outfit, mind you. Still, I did fairly well enough, especially with the genuine neck wraps I was doing with the single poi acts...

It was fun, really. Met a lot of people like Hope that certainly made the night more interesting...

.:Quotable Quotes:.

At one point, Krisette was all alone, and nobody was talking to her. Kathy called my attention to the fact, and then...

Marcelle: Okay. I'll entertain her. ::starts gyrating::

Krisette: Get away from me!

Later on, as Kathy gave me some sumptuous cookies, and after she discovered that the whole thing was gone by the end of the night, she was fairly shocked over it...

Kathy: You finished all those cookies in one night?

Marcelle: Oh, no. People were asking me for some of them.

Kathy: Now why'd you do that?

Marcelle: Because I didn't want to deny them the pleasure of eating your coo... wait... let me rephrase that.

Even more interesting would be the stuff I overheard from a certain sibling duo who both had a yen for Sacha in the past...

Look at her outfit! She's such a weird geek.

I think I'm falling in love with her again...

.:Meanie:.


It's funny, really... then again, maybe not.



So I finally got introduced to Ching, the eldest Chua sister. What was really crazy was how Kathy made the introduction, making me seem as though I was so gung-ho on meeting Ching, and in full view of the husband. I swear... Kathy seemed to have a vendetta against me when she made that introduction. Ching was looking real uncomfortable about it, and I have this sad feeling that I made quite a baaaaad impression at that point...

Of course, her husband was looking at me funny throughout the introduction. Man, I so owe Kathy one for that...

.:Videokay:.

Yes, we had videoke again after the party. Peppy was doing mostly boy bands, and I sang only two songs, really: Di Na Natuto, and You've Got A Friend. I guess it makes sense, really. Both songs have their merits, and I managed to hit most of the high points of the former song...

Sach had a sore throat by the end of it, but I don't think it's so bad. It's just odd hearing a husky-voiced Sacha, really. Still, I was taking some time away from everyone else, as while I was still full from the food and one beer, I was really off that night. Kathy and Krisette were trying to figure it out, but never mind... Cyril hit it right on the head already at one earlier point in the conversation... Kathy was too busy having fun with her Visayan accent, though. She just held onto it for the most part... heh.

It was a wonderful night, really, despite my being pensive and all. I was glad I somewhat managed to make Sacha happy in my own way...

.:A Special Date:.

Grace and I have not gone to mass together for years already, so our “date” last Sunday was definitely special. We ate at Tokyo Tokyo again, and after having our fill, then headed off to the church in Aquinas school.

The mass focused on the notions of salvation, and I must say that I really was struck with the whole sermon, especially around the part where the priest talked about the inevitability of failure in trying to follow Christ. We will fail, but we have to rise again and try harder.

I figure that such a challenge applies to other things, too.

Grace and I then spent the next hour after the mass just talking to one another and trying to see where we stand. I know that our current state of affairs is rather odd, but I'm just glad we're taking things one step at a time. I know I made Grace very happy last night. How ironic that these moments of enlightenment had to come at this time, when it's all but moot already...

God knows I love Grace. It's something that no amount of prodding can extricate from me, because I realize that she is the one person who has turned my life around for the better, and taught me how it is to love for its own sake.

Perhaps this is the only way for me to truly appreciate what she is to me... how sad.

No comments: