Monday, September 20, 2004

.:Champions Of Kamigawa:.

Thing is, I didn't join the pre-release of CoK. I didn't have any money. Oh, well. In any case, it was fun, really. I just went card-hunting for the most part, and then I met up with Kathy, Dominique, and Krisette at Seattle's Best. Not much, really. We were just watching the poi videos, and we were having fun at the expense of the spinners, since they had these weird names, and I figured they made up those names since their real names prolly blew, to begin with.

Mom! Stop calling me Mortimer! I'm “D”!

Shut up and go home, Mortimer!

Oh, well. “Lost In Heaven” and “If I Sing You A Love Song” were funny songs for reference, though...

.:P.B.A. And The Unglamorous Moment:.

Apparently, we're going to be performing this coming October 3 for the Philippine Basketball Association's 30th season launch. It's amusing, really. I ended up running into Sharleen Tan during that day, as she was apparently now working for the Events group running the season opener. Thing is, Dominique ended up taking pictures of her after the whole meeting, and she never even noticed...


There’re four more of these…



The meeting was fairly rushed, and the fire spinning group was given lots of extra considerations (Obviously, we can't wear white...). Still, I had this knack of heckling a lot, and I had to keep it down for the most part... heh.

Afterwards, we then headed off to Shakey's in Rockwell, where I ran into Don Umali. So there we were, eating pizza, and then someone just cracks a funny joke over “More Than A Woman”, I believe. I was in the middle of eating a pizza slice, when all of a sudden, I ended up gobbling the whole thing reflexively instead of laughing. The uber-unglamorous moment was then intensified with me holding back the laughter, and then eating the Shrek Oreos, which must've made quite an... impression on my braces, so I ended up not opening my mouth in front of Kath and Krisette again, especially because Kathy was readying Dom's camera to take my picture...

Oh, well. It was amusing, really.

.:The Game Con:.

Dominique and I then took a cab all the way to the game con. We got lost the first time around and ended up in the wrong building, where we saw this lady who had really big hair that was flaring out backwards. We thought she was co-playing, but we apparently thought wrong.

Afterwards, we then found the right building, only to be greeted, by the wedding expo. So again, we thought, “are these brides cosplayers”? Apparently not. We finally found the U Got Game convention, and I ran into a bunch of OBers like MarkPoa, Voltee, Madame Sky, Madame Thunder, and Groundzero. In any case, we then had some pictures with some cosplayers. Let me show you the pictures so they can do the talking...


Ummm… how does THAT hold together?


You can’t see me…



Afterwards, we were treated to a Ranulf who had a haircut (!). He then made me and Dominique watch the presentations for the new video games designed by students. Someone made a Pusoy Dos game! The other games seemed fun, but the presenters didn't know how to talk about it, really. The last one, Heaven's Drive, was really good, though. And yeah, one of the UA&P students was cute... Dominique then tried to stalk her and managed to get her picture as well. Gak! He's good...


Dominique is TEH SUPA SPY!!! Kekekekekeke…



Finally, we swung by the X-Box booth, where we played DOA 3. He bullied a kid first by beating the poor kid to a pulp in one round, then when it was my turn, I proceeded to hand his behind to him with Tina... oh, well. Afterwards, it was already time to go to Galleria and hopefully catch Feng Shui, in addition to trying to get Dominique into Magic...

Had a bit of trading of insights, though. I think Dom and I were fairly clear about a lot of things, and about certain people who might have some measure of disdain for him over his status... I personally don't, as my stake at this point is purely Platonic in this respect... you know what I mean. The only disturbing thought that remains is that he was 18 when she was 4, but I digress...

.:Feng Shui:.

While Dominique and I were waiting for Grace at the foodcourt, we were mostly just conversing about varied stuff. I ended up with even more respect for the man after his self-deprecating moment of acknowledging the connotation of his nickname. In any case, Grace arrived after a while at Galleria, and then she gave us Carbonara before we went off to watch Feng Shui. I liked the movie a bit, by the way. I'll review it soon...

Grace was so scared to death after watching the movie (My stepsister, Caren, warned us how “scary” it was on her way out of the theater. We ran into her.) that she ended up asking me to go overnight at her house just so I could make sure she doesn't become so scared. I hardly slept, simply trying to keep her from being terrified and all... such a scaredy cat, and yet she dares to watch these films... heh.

.:Unexpected:.

Headed off this Sunday morning to Kathy's place due to unexpected circumstances, where I tried my hand at spinning the monkey fists and all... Peppy arrived, and when Kathy ordered for a pizza, Ching (!) arrived and told Kathy to come shopping with her, thus leaving me and Peppy behind at the Chua residence, where we ended up springing for pizza money (The price was more than the money that was left for the pizza.). It's all good, though...

No comments: