Friday, September 17, 2004

.:Crushed:.

I didn't do spectacularly in my Ancient Philosophy long test, at least not with the first one. I guess I underestimated Mr. Mariano back there. I shudder to think what happened to the rest of my requirements, given these... oh, well.

Nonetheless, I've been very busy the past few days, and my being slow and all (Been hitting an energy slump lately.) has caught up with me. I've been taking taxis left and right just to beat the clock on some counts, and it's been taking its toll on my wallet. Heh. I really need to save up, or else I wouldn't be able to have some spending cash available for me at the end of the year... I guess discretion after September would do me good. Three months of very judicious spending should do me good...

I've been rather tired as of late. Things have been haywire, but I guess the mere fact that I can still do things like blog on a regular basis gives some method to the madness, as it were...

Chatted for a short while with Sacha and Dominique on separate occasions. Poor Sach is buried in homework, while Dom and I will be meeting up tomorrow for the Champions of Kamigawa pre-release and IBM PC sale in Eastwood...

Fr. David's been increasingly biting with his commentary on the government, though. I'm inclined to agree with his points for the most part, nonetheless... he tends to use cuss words lately, though, which, while is perfectly normal, still sounds odd coming from a Jesuit priest. That, and he supports the death penalty. =)

.:Lunch Meeting:.

So Camillo and I had a lunch meeting with Dr. Ibana. We were talking mostly about the funny results of the second long test on St. Thomas Aquinas. Let me show you by example precisely what was so funny about the whole thing... these comments are based on the film called "Riles", a documentary about life on the tracks.

- In a classic example of how Taglish has ruined us, someone called St. Thomas Aquinas, in the vernacular, "Santo Tomas de Aquinas".

- In an even more amusing two-hit combo, someone said that "Nagtatrabaho si Mang Eddie para makabenta ng balut." Another student even said, regarding the need for profits, that "Nagtitinda ng balut si Mang Eddie para makakita." Does that mean that selling duck eggs improves one's eyesight?

- Someone asserted that neither Mang Eddie nor Aling Pen love each other because the former was "courting" someone at a store (It was a joke that Eddie was playing up, knowing he was on camera.), and because the latter kept on lecturing to the former whenever he gets drunk (Well, duh.).

- Someone, after watching the whole film and seeing him live in person, didn't even remember Mang Eddie's name and resorted to calling him "Pogi". Tsk, tsk.

- Number of people who hated Aling Pen: zero. Number of people who hated Mang Eddie: five. Apparently, drinking is so abhorrent to these people that they fail to see the whole point of the exercise.

As you can tell, the meeting proved to be interesting for any reasons save being academic... heh.

.:Amazed:.

So as I said about being slow, I had to take a cab to Strata in my rush to do that Soupy Snax thing I had to do. What then made things rather interesting was that when I got the ride, which was stressful on its own because of the amount of time it took me to get a cab, I ended up being rather rushed, and in the end, the whole trip was rather enlightening.

The cab driver, over the course of the ride, wondered aloud if EDSA would be a better route than Temple Drive. I told him otherwise, and then he proceeded to air out his annoyance over the never-completed construction that forces everyone to take this huge detour just to get to Temple Drive. I then commented that the same thing was happening in Kalentong, and then the frustration over the traffic turned our attention to Vandolph, who crashed his car twice near the area. The cabbie then commented that it's completely absurd to think that Vandolph wasn't drunk when those incidents happened...

Basta may pera, may panapal. Pero wala namang magagawa yang perang yan sa kabilang buhay, eh. Hindi naman nila mabibili ang kaligtasan, kaya okay na yun.

Talk then turned to politics and the current fiscal crisis. Surprisingly, the both of us were non-voters who would've wanted to vote for Brother Eddie Villanueva, but his point was right: Bro. Eddie can't win. The man is clean. Jesus didn't "win" against Barrabas, did He? Apparently, I was talking to a JIL member who knew Bro. Eddie personally. We ended up meeting on common ground at this point. It was interesting that here was a man who didn't graduate from Industrial Engineering in P.U.P., yet was giving perfectly honest and sensible commentary on spirituality, philosophy, and politics alike. It wasn't a condescending know-it-all kind of insight. It was an honest opinion on what he sees to be wrong in this country.

I thoroughly appreciated that. Nothing like genuine human dialogue to get your inquisitive self kicking into high gear again...

.:Soupy Snax:.

It's out now. Try the Munchy Mushroom. It's really, really good. Heh. I'm doing prime time boarwork today, all by my lonesome. This is definitely anything but easy, heh. I'm playing back to back songs entitled "What If" right now... one by Babyface, the other by Ruben Studdard. I like this mix. I always wanted to do it. =)

In fact, I like this mix so much, here are the lyrics...


What If
by Babyface

I ran into a friend of yours the other day,
And I asked her how you've been.
She said 'My girl is fine just bought a house, got a job, real good man.'
I told her I was glad for you, thats wonderful,
But does she ever ask 'bout me?
'She says she's happy with her life right now, let her go, let her be.'
And I told myself I would but something in my heart just would not let you go.
I just wanna know...

Chorus:
What if we were wrong about each other?
What if you were really made for me?
What if we were supposed to be together?
Would that not mean anything?
What if that was supposed to be my house that you go home to everyday?
How can you be sure that things are better?
If you can't be sure your heart ain't still here with me?
Still wanting me.

Your friend asked me if there was someone special in my life that I was seein',
I told her there was no one in particular,
There's just I, myself and me.
I told her that I dream of you quite often,
She just cut her eyes at me,
She said you got a home, you're very happy,
So just stop your medling!
I told her that I wont,
I said things are cool, but I guess I was wrong.
I still can't move on.

(Chorus)

Now that could be my car,
That could be my house,
That could be my baby boy that you're nursing.
That could be the trash which I always take out,
That could be the chair I love to chill in.
That could be my food on the table at the end of the day.
Hugs and the kisses, all the love we make.
What the hell do you expect me to say?
What if it's really supposed to be this way?
What if you're really supposed to be with me?
(Ooohhh!)

(Chorus x3)



What If
by Ruben Studdard

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm somebody bayyyy ooohohoooooo aw baby what if
What if, what if, what if
Yea yea girl
What if, what if, what if

Spend the day at the spa (anything you want)
Different day different time (anything you want)
Max out my card if you wanna,
Whatever girl it aint no problem no,
Take a trip on a yacht (anywhere you want) leave them bags we gonna shop,
(anywhere you want) girl you know i'll do whatever it takes,
You know i love you like i used to love cake,

Would you be cool if things changed,
If i didnt roll the benz and you didnt push the Range,
I know what we got its gone
Last bay dont be mad but i still gotta ask,

Chorus:
What if i was broke what if i was slim
What if couldnt sing and i didnt win
What if i had to catch the bus i'll still stay
Wit my momma so there aint no making love baby
What if i had to used the payphone jus to get my game on would you still
Wanna put it on me (what if, what if, what if)
Awww baby what if (what if, what if, what if) yeaaaaaaaa

Take the keys to my crib (anytime you want)
Jus come over take a dip (anytime you want)
How much you need girl imma front
You there aint no limit to what ill do
No imma break you off wit the ghetto love (anynight you want)
Take yo time it aint no rush (anynight you want)
I aint gone do no nuthing to mess it up if 4 i do ill spend 4 million to make it up

(Chorus)

No comments: