Wednesday, September 29, 2004

.:The Plan, Man:.

For those who have received invites, the meeting place will be around four thirty at Powerbooks in Megamall. Please be there on time, because contingency plans have to be made in the event that Kathy Chua won't be around to provide the fire spinning and the videoke mic...

And Jason, you can breathe easy now. JayBee won't be going, but I set up a time to just hang out with her... that ought to be interesting, to say the least... ;)

.:The Uncanniness:.

So there I was, doing my boardwork with George. She found my commentary on Britney Spear's marriage as a publicity stunt rather cynical, and then she proceeded to wonder on the air if the state of my lovelife contributed to my cynical notions about the whole thing.

My rapport with George lately has been nothing short of smooth. We manage to catch each other now, and we make our bloopers look good, like the one where I introduced her as myself, and then we go about discussing varied topics, whether politics or entertainment, and I have some zingers here and there (Kevin Costner has a lake in is property? Man, not bad for a bodyguard!)...

Anyways, one of my frequent listeners felt that my rapport with George is far better than with Robi, but I guess all it really takes to change that is time...

When I finished my boardwork and already left for class, I ran into sir Chito Barreiro and ma'am Divine, president and station manager of RX, respectively. What made this development quite amusing was the fact that moments after turning around after exchanging greetings with them, sir Joe D. Mango was on his way up to WAVE, and I ran into him, all the same. Needless to say, those consecutive run-ins felt surreal... but amusing, nonetheless.

.:Classroom Funnies:.

Camillo and I pay less and less attention to Dr. Ibana's class and pay more and more attention to talking about varied stuff. The hilarious thing is how Camillo started talking about how much he values his puri, but he'd willingly cede it to Jericho Rosales, or someone who can approximate him sufficiently, especially body-wise. The guy then proceeded to ramble on about his sad realization that he'd end up being a gay virgin, and how he feels a strong annoyance towards certain people who pretend to be bisexual when they're actually just gay, plain and simple. Talk about vicious commentary... heh.

Anyways, what turned out to be amusing after Heidegger class, though, was how Ray and I noticed the new billboard for Hang Ten still featured the same schmuck, only this time, wearing a wig. We had a fun time talking about that, as Ray and I then proceeded to tear down the reasons he could've had for doing what he did, and DeeJi, another classmate of mine, was “educated” on reflective thinking when we started meditatively picking apart the Hang Ten billboards.

Ray suggested that we don't shave in certain areas, take off our clothes, and then put up a billboard ourselves. I'll pass on that. Still, that billboard may be a bit more tolerable, but it's still an eyesore. It's like being asked whether you wanted to die by being beheaded (Hopefully with an axe, and not a kris. It's a beeyatch to have your head sawed off and not cut off...) or being stabbed to death by a freaking spoon. Imagine dying of internal bleeding due to spoon stabs... I think I'd rather have the swift beheading, which is what we all get from the new billboard...

I wonder how he sleeps at night when he drives past here and sees himself like that...

Maybe he's now a La Sallite and this is his “eff you” gift to all of us. But look at his pose. It looks religious, see? His hands are clasped together.

Yeah, but his pants are still undone.

I guess his prayers got answered?

Gawd, I wish these guys who make these billboards end up having one land on them and squash them...

I'm sorry. I know I'm being brutal with the lashing out today...

.:It Figures:.

Hey! You’re invited to k8 Mendez’ *SURPRISE* despedida party on OCTOBER 2, SATURDAY, 7 pm at her place. Hope you can make it ‘coz k8’s gonna be away 4 a VERY LONG time. Food/booze contributions are more than welcome. Txt 2 confirm and also send ur email address 4 d sketch. Cya! – SJ

Figures that the fates would conspire this way and leave me incapable of going to this celebration, as I have my own to worry about…

It figures, really. My luck has always been the case that something would ALWAYS turn up near my occasion. Never fails. Whether I make enemies with someone, or someone has a celebration I’d almost want to attend over mine, something just happens.

I’ll blog later. This threw me off the loop.

No comments: