Saturday, February 21, 2004

.:PLUGGAGE:.

1. I’M NOMINATED AS “BATCH GIFTED CHILD” AND “CRUSH ANG BAYAN” FOR THE BLUE ROAST. VOTE FOR ME NEXT WEEK!!!

2. DON’T FORGET TO TUNE IN TO THE MORNING RUSH ON TUESDAY, 6-9 IN THE MORNING. I’LL BE THERE.


.:Way Too Competitive:.

It’s hard to be as competitive as I am yet still play nice. If I were a bit more ruthless, I would be able to achieve the things that other achievers I know of achieve on a regular basis. Unfortunately for me, I cannot stomach the idea of stepping on other people as a means to my own success. I’m not being a moralist or anything, it just goes against my rules to ensure success. I can do other evil things, but when it involves jeopardizing other people’s chances by backstabbing them, I really don’t feel any satisfaction about it. So you see, it’s not entirely about being moral. It’s more about my looking out for my own satisfaction in successful endeavors, as poisoning the well would be one of the things I don’t feel comfortable with as a tool to victory.

I hate being this competitive. Unlike other people I know, my capabilities can be pushed only so far. Imagine if I were to compete with someone like Kendra. That’s too much to ask of me, no question about it. What if I were to go and run aground Sacha? Even worse, because unlike Kendra, she doesn’t seem to feel the need to bleed for her grades, so her full potential in the academe sans Computer Science is actually relatively untapped. Abby? She’s taking it easier than I am (Much easier, in fact.), and yet she’s falling just a bit behind by me. I’m sure if she bled for it, I may as well just pack it up. Luis Geronimo? Should I care by now if I proved to be better than he is?

So how do you jabronis deal with competitiveness? How do you curb that really relentless drive to go and surpass the people around you? Even if you just “compete with yourself”, when do you tell yourself that you’ve gone the distance and that’s good enough for you? I mean, I started off without any yardstick in my mind save myself, but I never found any point of satiation. It’s always the case that when I start getting the hang of something, I want to excel at it. That explains all the frustration over Radio 1… I mean, why is anyone else who tags along with the show answering the Hot 10? So I guess that proves that the main issue I’m not joining in on the Hot 10 is because I’m not good enough?

Errgghh. I’ve been vituperating way too much the past few days. It doesn’t help my thinking cap much, annoyingly enough.

.:Today’s Hot 10:.

… was extremely chaotic. It’s about “The Hot 10 Reasons You Should Be Voted President”, and the funny thing is that it was call in, so all sorts of weirdos got through the line. I managed to get my two cents in, but I didn’t do much except play up my much-vaunted “AM quality voice”, as I did my political speech in the vernacular. Delamar thought I sounded like a fortune teller in Quiapo, though. Ah, well.

However, the funny part came along when they got in touch with Angel 243, who apparently was a pilot (Remember that pilot joke? Yeah, about their… stamina?). He was going on a date, so Chico and Delle were prying about the date…

Delamar: You mean to tell me this is a morning date? You’re fetching her at 9 in the morning?

Chico: No. I think he’s going to have an all-day date.

Delamar: An “all-day” date? What are you going to do?

Angel 243: Hehehehe…

Delamar: Okay… we think we know already! Goodbye!!!

Ah, yes. What were you expecting a pilot to do for a whole-day date, Delle? ::laughs maniacally, just like Yamazaki::

No comments: