Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Top 10 People I'm Most Grateful To In 2009, Part 9 Of 10...

.:The Top 10 People I’m Most Grateful To In 2010, Part 9 Of 10:.

This ought to come as no surprise, as she was, quite simply, the one person who shaped my 2009 the most among everyone I know.

2. My Beloved


Taken a year ago.

First things first, let’s make one thing clear – My Beloved and I are no longer together, and that has been the status quo since March of this year. Despite that, she has still been, bar none, the best friend I ever had, and she’s still the one person I’d turn to no matter what.

The two years we had together would remain to be one of the highest points of my life, and my road to recovering from the breakup was the most challenging thing I’ve gone through thus far, but an event that simply shaped me in a way I never thought possible. I cannot thank her enough for what she has done for me. That much is clear: I may never find another person who can influence me nearly as much for the rest of my life.

My Beloved continues to be there for me no matter how tough things get, and I can’t find enough words to convey how much it means to me to know that I can still count on her in a pinch. I no longer hope she’d come back to me, but despite that, I know she’ll continue being an indelible part of my life simply because she sees me for who I truly am, far better than anyone else ever could, and continues to accept me and care about me despite that.

Thank you so much, My Beloved. You’ve been a positive force in my life, and I’m grateful to still have your friendship after everything we’ve been through.



The other posts in this 10-part series:

Part 1: The Itchyworms.
Part 2: The magic community.
Part 3: The blogosphere.
Part 4: My Plurk friends.
Part 5: Koji Morales.
Part 6: People who are practically my best friends.
Part 7: My Nuffnang family!
Part 8: The Disenchanted Kingdom!
Part 10: The comedians.

No comments: