Monday, June 07, 2004

.:Oh, Wow!:.

After going through a relatively fast line at the Social Securities Services building to get my SSS number, I end up being treated to splendid news from my mom: I already got hired in WAVE. I was biding my time and hoping to get into the show on a more sort of permanent basis after a week, but apparently, the whole process got a bit hastened to my advantage. :)

I’m really happy. At least the wait is over for me. :)

.:Second Day:.

Those who’ve been my classmates in between 7:30 to 9:00 in the morning know how I carry you-know-what out. ::winks::

I got to the station a bit earlier than usual, and walked into the booth as Jean was already there and checking her e-mail. She seems to be organizing some surprise for her significant other, but I didn’t really bother to be nosy with her. There’s no need to be so, after all. Especially not with someone you’ve met for only the third time…

The show was a bit smoother than the last time, although slightly slower, since fewer people were participating in the show. Nonetheless, it wasn’t so bad, but I got the Ponds Timecheck right only once, which tells me I have to improve on that tomorrow… heh. I had my share of bloopers that were quite hilarious, though…

Marcelle: Come to the Premier Mall porking lot… err… I mean, parking lot…

That, plus the fact that Ann and Jean were joking about me and “someone familiar” again really livened up that day. Moreover, Ann and Jean were the only two people who more or less knew what the TV theme quiz was… Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I already know what tomorrow’s TV theme will be. Hint: it’s in my cellular phone.

We had “Analyze This” as our portion of the day. I guess my advantage is that I can speak in Filipino as fluidly as I can in English, which simply helps since a lot of people in the radio industry are adept with only English. For today, we were asking people to translate the saying: “Ang taong nabubuhay sa pangarap, namamatay sa gutom”. Apparently, a lot of people used this bit to play around with “Dream, Believe, Survive” for their answer. Ah, well.

I found it funny how they kept on harping me on my knowing German, though. They were wondering if I could possibly rap in German or something to that effect…

After the show, Ann did a Heart Evangelista impersonation while Jean recorded it for her surprise for her S.O. It was pretty amusing how that went.

And yeah, I did run into Brad Turvey when I went down today as well...

.:Well-Wishing:.

I had an amusing conversation with Mr. Elbert Or last night, as he was telling me about my chances of having a taste of the Oriental for a measly eight hundred bucks. Never mind, Elbert. I’m more into eight years than eight hundred bucks. That’s that, really. Still, what I find pretty funny is all the talk he had about how I got so many comments in the past about my… adeptness… in radio. Stuff like my voice was only for AM radio and not FM, and so on and so forth. He did commend me on my improvement, though. I guess it helps when you’re less compelled to give way to the real hosts of the show since you’re more or less a co-host in the new setup…

I guess some of the people who’ve been hearing me in WAVE don’t know this, but I used to be on AM radio way back in High School. No, I wasn’t so good that I was in radio as early as that, but it was a school thing. The teacher there was a block-timer in a certain AM radio station where we had a weekly talk show every Sunday. Yes, it was pretty much in the vernacular, all the same.

Heh. That was a very rushed history lesson… :)

My small measure of thanx to Jess as well for greeting me in the morning. I’ll make sure to greet you tomorrow if I get the opportunity. :) Just wait for it.

I’m also grateful to sir Raffy Barreiro for wishing me well in my work in WAVE. I’m pretty happy that the higher-ups of RX are happy for me, considering how I’m now one of their competitors, professionally speaking. Still, personally speaking, they know I still have quite a soft spot for their station.

Do expect me to mention other stations a bit less, though…

So that’s about it for me right now, jabronis. I’ll see you tomorrow. :)

No comments: