Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Here...

.:Apol Of My High (School):.

Actually, Apol is an old friend of mine way back from Grade 4, who is apparently teaching elementary in Don Bosco Sta. Mesa right now. We just had this short chat which led me to the realization that Don Bosco Mandaluyong, my high school alma mater, is now coed for college, and this is all good if only it weren't the case that in front of the school is a mall called “Marketplace”, with its very own “Marketplace Hotel” inside, run by... yes, Sogo. That should give you an idea of how these students can pull their all-nighters now...

Talking to Apol was really fun, although I've yet to meet her again after around four years of not hearing from her, I believe. Ah, well. There are just some people worth getting in touch with again...

.:Force Of Habit:.

The funny thing I realized is that the force of habit for me is really strong, but I strongly resist it, nonetheless. Classic proof of this force of habit at work? The need for me to consciously tell myself what radio station I happen to be in at the moment so I don't accidentally blurt out “RX 93.1” when I'm in WAVE, or something to that effect.

However, one of the things I noticed about myself outside of radio is that I also have this force of habit at work when it comes to addressing teachers. Some of my former professors don't like having me still call them “sir” anymore, since I'm no longer their student and could very well be one of their colleagues soon enough, but force of habit tells me to keep on doing so, much to the well-natured chagrin of the likes of Mr. Bulaong.

Heh. Anyways, there are some interesting things to say about that, although it feels mighty good that I'd soon enough be having a cubicle of my own in the Philosophy Department... how cool is that?

.:The Pipe Dream:.

So I sat in on this problem-solving class by Eric, Sach, and Doc Mana. Funny thing is, all sit-in students are being asked to participate as though we were actual students. You can tell that this premise alone provides for a lot of interesting things as is...

Why do they want us to solve the problems so much that even sit-in students will be provided with computers? For one, they want to enter the best students into programming competitions, and wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out that I ended up being one of their bets? Imagine a team of two CS majors and a Philosophy M.A. student. There seems to be a bit of a mix-up there, neh? Still, taking this class as a sit-in would look soooo good on my resume, though I prolly won't have much of an idea as to what I'm going to be doing when I'm in class. Other than do the obvious, of course (Stare at the teacher.)...

Doc Mana: If you were to join a competition with some other people, you would have to learn to believe in your teammates.

Marcelle: Wow. Just like Yugi-Oh!

.:Reception:.

I walked into the SOH gathering for new faculty today, and it was a bit embarrassing when I was introduced to the whole assembly by our Dean after being fed my name through Dr. Ibana. I was the only teaching assistant given that treatment, simply because I showed up late. You could imagine how that went...

In any case, I was having a good time there, speaking to a lot of the other teachers, including Mr. Dy-Liaco, who, as I did suppose, was a really nice guy in and more so out of the classroom, inciting me half-jokingly to “fool around the way we couldn't while we were teacher and student”. It's all good, although my condolences go out to him over his mother...

Mr. D.M. Reyes was gushing over how I “dedicated myself to the Philo department”. He was m teacher for one semester, and he was talking about how proud he was of me, and how he believes I would do well. More pressure for me to do my utmost... ah, well.

Lots of other fun stuff, really, and Mr. Bulaong was kind enough to hand me some stuff I might want to look into in case I want to go for Ph. D. studies abroad, which I certainly would want to, all things being equal... :)

.:One On One:.

According to Mr. Bulaong, I was doing my impression of him far better than Koko or even Ato were. That's flattering. :)

I hitched a ride with him, and he was asking me about whether or not being a DJ was a glamorous job, and I told him that the perks of potentially attracting lots of females is there, but I'm not really one to capitalize... still, he does question my taste in girls, although I never really disagreed with me when he said that Ms. Chua wasn't really... sexy, so to speak.

I owe him two, really. He offered to teach me to drive in exchange for subbing for his class one day some time this month. What I think he ought to somewhat realize is that it's almost as though he were doing me two favors, considering how much I really want to teach, even in just a limited capacity... :)

.:Small Ramblings On The Drive And Grind:.

Today wasn’t a particularly stand out episode for Anne and myself, although she was trying to bait me into singing on air again and stuff like that. I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with all the chatters, though, as there were so many of them, but it was all good. I like the activity…

After the show, Anne was asking me about stuff like why I only had female best friends (She was trying to insinuate I was gay because of it… heh.), as well as other stuff like pulling an April Fool’s Day joke by switching boardwork on April 1 with Chico and Del so that Del and I would do the Drive and Grind while Chico and Anne (Anne has plans regarding asking Chico certain questions, and if she had her way, Brad Turvey would be around as well…) would do the Morning Rush. Sounds like the kind of fun that could cost us our jobs…

Ah, well.

No comments: