Monday, June 14, 2004

Finally...

.:For Mr. Dy-Liaco:.

Sir, the thesis statements can be found HERE. I archived it just to be sure… :)

.:Taken!:.

Barbie Co and Rachel Reyes both have boyfriends already... that should affect some things somewhere... heh.

.:The Last Bit Of Regular Fellowship:.

I suppose my little visit to DWLS last Saturday would be the last “fellowship” visit I'd be making for that station in quite a while, especially since my current schedule generally conflicts with the schedules of the people I intend to see if I were to go there: John Hendrix or JayBee.

I got there last Saturday around a quarter to ten and just sat around the booth and talked a bit with JayBee. I haven't heard... favorable reviews about her on-air style from the likes of Ronan and Abby, but that's beside the point, anyways. It's not like I went to their station to learn from her inasmuch as I came there to just catch up with a new friend who's been exceedingly nice for the most part. I was telling her about another one of those classic bloopers of mine, though...

Marcelle: So you can read these empowering ads in Seventeen, Candy, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Smart Parenting *Anne looks at me and smiles, as I screwed that one up the last time...*, and ::distracted by the smiles from Jean and Anne::, and yes, yes, yes... ::looks at the script again:: Yes!

So I accidentally plugged Yes magazine four times as much as I did the other magazines... I didn't really mean to. :)

JayBee was playing it safe for the most part whenever she was referring to me. When she was talking about Avril Lavigne elevating in her video, I compared that with Britney elevating at the end of hers, except Britney was elevating from a bathtub... she was relating the stuff we were talking about on air, but she kept on saying that she can't mention my name on the air. :) Heh. It's all good, really.

Even funnier was how she started getting freaked out when I did some magic tricks for her. If you've seen me do magic before, you've seen this stuff already. But she hasn't. And that's what made the whole thing interesting. She was telling her listeners to swing by the station and tell her how I did it and stuff like that...

.:Braggy?:.

When her show ended, she had to fill in for Braggy for a few minutes while he had something to eat. Do note that this would be the first time I'd meet Braggy, and the funny thing about it is he was treating me like some longtime friend, the way he joked around with me. Chief among his lines was asking me if JayBee and I would be dating once we go. Well, if you count a plain MRT ride as a date, but I don't, so I guess the answer is a definite negative.

I then understood what JayBee meant about the older jocks not following rules as Braggy was playing stingers and floaters even in the middle of the songs, and he put callers on the air in the middle of his songs as well. It was as though the whole playlist was just a bed for his program, and it didn't really matter if ever the jock prior to him just played the song he wants to play a mere ten minutes ago, he'd still play it again, which goes to show you the little regard the senior LS jocks have for the rules. They're a dying breed, I tell you...

Braggy was talking about a lot of old school tricks in the business, and how he likes the format of his shows at night. The way he was talking to me, you'd think he was talking to someone who was glued to LS all day long, and let me tell you, I don't. I used to, around eight or so years ago, but now, I sure as Hades don't...

Still, between Braggy and Triggerman, I would honestly prefer Braggy. One of the most notorious things Triggerman has done as of late was that when their textline was busted during his show with JayBee, he decided to ask the listeners to text her number for their requests. You can tell the sheer amount of people who bothered her since then...

.:On Juicy Fruit Gum:.

Those tickets I mentioned? They're actually for the MTV Filipinas Awards. Congrats to the people I mentioned who won a bunch of tickets... :)

.:First Day As A Tandem:.

This is officially my first day in WAVE as part of just a tandem with Anne for the Drive and Grind. I ran into Chico and Delle on my way up to the station...

Anyways, moving on, we had “What’s Your Say” as our portion for the day, which was amusing, to say the least. The topic was if having a high-paying job you hate is preferable to a low-paying job you love, and of course, you know what my answer to that would be.

The funny thing is, someone mentioned in her answer that she was teaching in U.P., and that she knows she could be making three times as much in the Ateneo, but still chooses to go teach in the former. Should that be consoling news to me, then, that I could potentially be earning thrice as much as a U.P. professor? :) Anyways, the show was running smoothly for the most part, although chatting and recording the show in addition to boarding was really taking me off my game a bit… still, I was more or less okay. I suppose tomorrow would be a better day for me, since I won’t be recording anymore.

The chatroom got busy around seven or eight in the morning, and it was pretty fun. Got to know a few new people, such as Shaiers and wackss. They all seem to be pretty cool, and I noticed that Anne was right: I’m most likely going to have lots of female chatters now, whereas Jean had a more diverse bunch during her time. Ah, well. That’s no problem to me at all. Heh…

I had to hurry after my boardwork, though. Pretty obvious why. I had class with Fr. Ferriols at 9:30 in the morning. I still am not sure if I want to load rev out of his class, though, as you will see in a while…

.:Déjà Vu!!! This Is A Moment For The Books:.

The problem with WAVE 89.1 is that the CR we have for males is shared by all the people in the second floor of the building, and worse, is currently under construction. I had to go in the middle of a song, and I realized this problem to my horror.

What happened next was sheer comedy: I climbed all the way to the fourth or fifth floor in hopes of a comfort room, to no avail. I dash back to the booth, and Anne gives me a crazy suggestion that I take anyway…

… I go down the stairs to the ground floor, then proceed to punch in “17” on the elevator.

Yes, I went to RX because I really needed to… you should’ve seen the look on Chico and Delle’s face. Brad wasn’t looking at the time, but I’m sure he would’ve been mildly surprised, too.

I swear: this proves to me why leaving RX is a near impossibility for me. I mean, even my own partner is telling me to go there in cases of… ahem… emergency…

.:Quotable Quotes From Fr. Ferriols:.

It took me just one class with Fr. Ferriols to be simply hooked with him. I was almost sure that I was going to load rev out of his class, but then, he proved to me exactly why he’s regarded as the Fr. Ferriols…

The man is very old, but there is no doubt that he is brilliant. He still has some measure of fire in him, despite his age, and I can really tell that taking his class would be such a splendid experience for me if I were to go through with it…

Anyways, some quotable quotes from him:

”Ang mga sinaunang Heswita ay mayroong tatlong yugto ng pamamaraan sa pagtuturo: Prelectio, Lectio, at Repetitio. Ito ay aking ginagamit, dahil halos sinaunang Heswita na rin ako…”

“Alam mo, ngunit hindi mo alam. Halimbawa’y may kaibigan kang iyong pupuntahan sa bilang 23, Pechay Street. Kapag napunta ka sa isang lugar na ang pangalan ng mga kalye ay ‘Repolyo’, o ‘Kalabasa’, alam mo na nandito ang Pechay. Hindi mo lang alam na ganap kung saan. At kapag nakapunta ka na sa Pechay street, at binibilang mo, uno, dos, tres… hanggang makarating ka ng 21, at pagtingin mo sa sunod na bahay, 25 na, magugulat ka dahil alam mo na doon dapat ang 23. Ano ba iyan? Parang Harry Potter.”

“Ang tao ay magiging tanong. Ako mismo ay naging tanong. Nasaan ang aking pambura?”

“Kung minsan, ang tao ay nagtatanong dahil mayroon siyang malalim na iniisip. Kung minsan naman, nagtatanong ang tao dahil siya ay isang tanga.


With that being said, it will cost me eighty bucks to a hundred, thrice a week, just to make sure I get to his class on time each time because I need a taxi (Even then, it’s no guarantee. Traffic might have something to say about that.). Should I stay or should I go? Hmmm….

No comments: