Thursday, June 24, 2004

.:Misheard:.

Something must be wrong with my ears today…

Marcelle: What’s the title of the song you’re playing again?

Anne: “Shorty Doo Whop”.

Marcelle: Eh? “Shirley Doo Whop”?

Don’t be surprised if Anne starts calling me Shirley because of that…

Here’s another one…

Eric Mana was doing his usual “Morning Inspirations” schtick, and there I was, listening for the most part. And then, something he said just made my ears prick in shock…

Treat your maid like a lover. Hold her hand, be sweet to her, be playful and affectionate.

I really looked at Anne right there and asked her what’s up with this segment, as it seemed really bad, to say the least. And then Anne corrected me…

Treat your mate like a lover. Hold her hand, be sweet to her, be playful and affectionate.

That is one for the books, all right…

.:More Chatting:.

Had a nice chat with a certain Margaux who’s in Med school in Cavite. She's been giving me a lot of compliments throughout the time, which was flattening to me, as usual... Also chatted with Jonsi, who really had a fun answer. Someone on YM requested for a song then thanked me in Japanese, and then I promptly replied with the little Japanese I knew. Apparently, that led to him labeling me a “linguist”. Heh. For the most part, the show was great, although my re-training started after the show. Anne realized that my RX training made me read stuff at a far slower pace than I should, given the nature of the Drive and Grind… it’s all good, still.

The show was pretty nice. This time, Anne didn’t make that boo-boo where she forgot to turn on my microphone when I had to announce something. For Analyze This, we asked our listeners to translate: “Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level.”

The winner for today was Lee Real, one of my rusher friends who decided to do a bit of shunting between WAVE and RX… heh. It was fun, really, as I had to read her answer with feelings

Sisterette! Wag mo patulan itich! Kaw ren, bka mapagkamalan kang syonga. Chaka!!!

Ah, well. More training for me to work on my speed, I guess…

No comments: