Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Lovely Day...

.:Just Passing By:.

Before going to work, I dropped by Dizzy Jojo in RX as he was doing his show. I got there and Chico was already fixing up inside the booth. Jojo was surprised that I showed up. He asked me how I was, and when he found out that I was already in WAVE, he was laughing his head off because he was trying to stall me from going down to the station by keeping me in conversation. Chico was asking me how I was doing and I told him the good news and all, as well as the fact that I still actually listen to their show when the opportunity presents itself. Jojo was jinxing me and telling me that I’d prolly say RX 93.1 when I go on air in WAVE later that day.

Jojo apparently recognized my voice in WAVE. He was surprised about the turn of events, but realized I already graduated from Radio 1, so no big deal. I still have to hear from sir Louie D before I can conclude that all is well, though.

I promptly left in a short while. I ran into Delamar on the way out, who was on her way into the booth when I saw her. It was all good.

.:Hilarity:.

If this morning’s Hot Ten was depressing (The Hot Ten Friendship Heartbreaks.), today’s What’s Your Say was hilarious.

The show was pretty fun, even though Jean arrived a bit late for the D&G. Our “What’s Your Say?” portion was ripe for a lot of insights. We were looking for possible Asian personalities who could portray Cho Chang in Harry Potter IV, and all sorts of answers from Madam Auring (She can cast spells herself.) to Ethel Booba and Asia Carrera (For a bit more oomph in the film.) to Heart Evangelista and Sandara Park to Sarah Geronimo were all mentioned.

It was a crazy day for me, in all honesty. My mind was wandering way too much, which explained why when the show started, while I had my headphones draped around my neck (Which is what I’m used to doing after using them.), when we went on air, I took another pair of headphones and wore them. And there I was wondering why Jean wasn’t wearing any headphones when we went on air… when we went off air, I promptly took the earphones off and asked myself what the Hades I was doing. :)

I was a bit off, but ad libbing managed to save me quite a bit, especially when I jumble up words here and there. Stuff I learned over the past year from you-know-who… the masters of ad libbing mistakes and making comedy gold out of them. Anyways, it was all great, truth be told. When Ann was asking about Vivian Hsu, I told her that she’s in “Love Storm” and is reputed to have posed nude…

Ann: I didn’t know you as well as I thought I did, Fabs.

Jean: Yes. You’re just like most other guys.

Ann: We thought you were different…

Later on, they even ribbed me about thinking about someone posing nude on the air! It was funny. I naturally denied it, but my facial expression, according to them, was priceless. It seemed to them I was being uber-defensive…

Marcelle: If you were Harry Potter… err… ahh… I got lost there.

I swear: not being handed a script for the “What’s Your Say” can be a bit disorienting at times, as I had to recall the topic from memory each time I brought it up…

Jess texted in her answer: the girl from “My Sassy Girl”. Of course, I promptly credited the answer to Ms. “Chicks Ni Lolo”… heh. I wonder what would’ve happened if Mikko and Jason were listening in, though…

Ann and Jean were still bringing up that “someone familiar” line, and took the time out to tell the listeners the contents of my shirt.

Ann: Maybe you need to be “Saved By Grace”, Fabs…

Lots of bloopers here and there, but I really need to work on my verbal reading speed. I think I lost a step since the last time I’ve been reading AOB’s regularly… I still have lots of room for improvement…

.:After The Show:.

So there we were after the show, in need of breakfast. The three of us took a cab to McDonald’s and had some breakfast, although poor Jean didn’t get the food she really wanted as it was sold out. In any case, Ann was asking me more history questions and other stuff about people I knew from other stations. It was all good. Of course, she couldn’t resist asking the eternal question: whether or not so and so are together, and whether or not one of them is batting for the other team.

She even commented about King DJ Logan, who seems to be lashing out at any DJ he could, even from WAVE. That’s odd, because they’re sister stations. Then again, he did lash out against people in his own station way back when he was still in KC. Imagine calling the jock who comes after your shift a “Mongoloid”… that jabroni really takes the cake. The day he bashes me is the day I know I’ve improved enough to be worthy of that kind of attention.

It was hilarious when we rode the taxi and I was supposed to get off at the MRT station before Ann and Jean returned to WAVE, though…

Ann: You can’t go down there! It’s blocked!

Marcelle: Here. You can drop me off at the sign that says, “Bawal ang tao dito”.

Jean: Or maybe near that sign that goes, “No Loading And Unloading”…

In any case, it was fun today. I’m of course left to wonder how things would be once Jean is done with the D&G… most of the people who go to the chatroom are her friends.

.:More Fellowship Visits:.

The reason I went to the MRT was to take it to GMA-Kamuning and drop by DWLS-FM to meet JayBee. Not much, really, as it’d be highly unlikely I’d ever get to go to the station to see her again after this week because of my schedule when my classes begin. I ran into Melina on my way to the station, all the same. Methinks I should stop using the blanket term “station”, though. It now refers to three different stations…

Anyways, I got there and Triggerman plus two other Aircheckers-turned-DJ’s (I think.) were also there: Sofia and Angela. Then this ensued…

Triggerman: Why are you feeling sexy today, JayBee?

JayBee: Me? What?

Triggerman: It can be felt in your voice, sweetie. For some strange reason, your voice just changed and I’ve no idea why… oh, wait. *motions to me* This guy just walks into the booth and you suddenly go like that. You’re blushing. You’re blushing.

JayBee: Why don’t we introduce this next song by…

Triggerman: She’s changing the topic! She’s changing the topic! You know, this guy who just walked in is from… *JayBee signals him not to say where I’m from.* oh, I can’t say? He’s from TM. King DJ Logan is here. Say hi, King DJ Logan!

Marcelle: ::attempts to impersonate logan:: Hi.

Sofia then asks me more about me, but I was particularly amused over how Triggerman tried to pair me up with JayBee… ah, well. He saw me once before, which explains the familiarity.

They talked a bit about Harry Potter 3, and I swear, the reviews for this film are pretty mixed. I liked this film above the first two, in all honesty. They did a bit of a rant about movie theaters as well, and Triggerman was still trying to make me speak up when he introduced the next song and told the listeners who’s keeping him company in the booth. It was all good, but I had to make sure I didn’t use my regular pitch.

Anyways, I left the station with JayBee. Wonder what the LS rumor mill will churn out over that one? Heh. No go for me, though. For obvious reasons. It would be nice if JayBee could pass by WAVE in the near future, though… that’d produce even more rumors. It could only help our careers get further. ::laughs dismissively::

Ran into Isa Pagkalinawan, an old friend of mine, when I got out of the station... that's two coincidences in a row...

No comments: