Wednesday, July 14, 2004

More Literary Stuff

A preliminary note on the short story: there's a reason why it's called "Flash Fiction". Keep that in mind.

.:The Light Of Darkness:.
a Sonnet by Marcelle T. Fabie

I see the light, but I see no truth within
A light that blinds, a light so bright
How sad that the light is the fruit of sin
For in the end, the light takes away sight
As we look at the crowds who thirst for blood
And upon sacred ground their angry feet trod
To return to dusk, the voices would whisper
Truth has been held captive in its slumber

Oh, such is the shining of the light
That blinds the soul, and purges the right
That hides the lies, that ignites the fight
For the unknown cause and the needless might
Need for the man of honor, contrite
Lest we fall to the shimmering, glimmering blight


.:Redemption:.
A story fragment by Marcelle T. Fabie

“I'm glad you realize we don't quite go together in that way, Immanuel,” I smilingly told him.

“But of course. I wouldn't have our state of affairs in any other way than it now is.”

I look at him, and try to sense if he's telling the truth, or if he's merely trying to save face by agreeing with me. He looks quite sincere enough. He doesn't seem to be deluded that things could ever change just like that for the both of us. We're different people, Immanuel and I. We are inextricably together, yet eternally not quite the match that people assume we ought to be.

I think I am now at peace with him. Yet I still can't look away from the mirror.

No comments: