Thursday, July 08, 2004

Whooooo!!!

Barring the first heading, I have to be thankful for today, as it really is a good one...

.:Security Detail Continues:.

My mom recently hired a bodyguard for the household already. I guess at the rate things are going, there's no reason for us to not report what's been happening. We've been doing nothing while these sumbishes just try to harrass us and what? Ask for more money? Nuh-uh. I don't think that we should subject ourselves to that kind of crud, because we never deserved it in the first place.

Do they think that trying to make us cower into submission would actually work? If anything, they just gave us every effing reason to lash back at them...

.:Smoother:.

I'm beginning to have fun doing AOB's on the Drive And Grind, simply because I'm getting the hang of tossing in a couple of side comments here and there while I'm at it. For instance...

Marcelle: Neverland comes to the Philippines! And no, we're not talking about Michael Jackson! Meet Peter Pan in the flesh!!!

I also made a comment about those two girls always being referred to in all our Training Works AOB's, Jasmin and Kristine. Considering how long we've been doing Training Works AOB's, I suppose calling them "ever-famous" would already more or less be appropriate... heh.

While Anne and I have a long way to go as far as the tandem goes (Though Anne herself is already a great jock, without a shadow of a doubt.), I do believe that I've only just begun to "let my hair down", really. I've only recently started getting into the groove of being more casual and all on the air with Anne, unlike being stiff and formal which I admittedly sometimes am (In the realm of the academe, though, I'm anything but stiff and formal. How's that for not fitting in either field? Heh.)...

Still, it's all good. The show went a lot smoother than it usually does, as I wasn't losing my concentration for the most part, and I pretty much knew how to catch myself if I said something wrong on air... I'm getting the hang of ad-libbing again...

.:8 Years Of The Morning Rush:.

Today is the 8th anniversary of the Morning Rush, and I naturally dropped by Chico and Delamar after my show. I didn't stay particularly long, as all I really wanted to do was pass by them and greet them. Still, it wasn't so bad. Brian Gomez was there as well (Taking over for Boom on Thursdays.), and so was . Not much, really. Brian told me that when he listened to me this morning, he noticed an upswing of confidence on my part that really helped along. Kim was just more or less interested about what has been happening to me recently, and she was particularly bashing men in general over the "explosive" issues as of late.

She had some comments about my "aspirating" my "t's" from time to time, so that when I say something like "Manila's Hottest" (Now why would I say that ;)?), I don't have to pronounce a hard "t" all the time. She didn't think I was reading slow, though. It was pretty nice how she was giving me good advice, as though she was still my Radio 1 student moderator... Kim's a really great person who more or less breaks that "clique-ish" stereotype people still sometimes have about Radio 1 people...

Anyways, today was a pretty good start for me. I hope that I can keep up this energy level... a good amount of sleep can help me along in that department, I guess...

.:Just Something That Should've Been In One Of My Previous Posts...:.

Confessions Part II
by Usher

Chorus:

These are my confessions
Just when I thought I said all I can say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm grown and I dont know what to do
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions
If I'm gonna tell it then I gotta tell it all
Damn near cried when I got that phone call
I'm so gone and I don't know what to do
But to give you part 2 of my confessions

Now this gon' be the hardest thing I think I ever had to do
Got me talkin' to myself askin' how I'm gon' tell you
'bout that chick on part 1 I told ya'll I was creepin' with, creepin' with
Said she's 3 months pregnant and she's keepin' it
The first thing that came to mind was you
Second thing was how do I know if it's mine and is it true
Third thing was me wishin' that I never did what I did
How I ain't ready for no kid and bye bye to our relationship

(Repeat Chorus)

Sitting here stuck on stupid tryna figure out
When, what, and how I'mma let this come out of my mouth
Said it ain't gon' be easy
But I need to stop thinkin', contemplatin'
Be a man and get it over with (over with)
I'm ridin' in my whip
Racin' to her place
Talkin' to myself
Preparin' to tell her to her face
She open up the door and didn't want to come near me
I said one second baby
Please hear me

(Repeat Chorus)

And this by far is the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do
To tell you, the woman I love
That I'm having a baby by a woman that I barely even know
I hope you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this
And hopefully you'll give me another chance
This ain't about my career
This ain't about my life
It's about us
Please

(Repeat Chorus)


I know I've a lot of things to work out with myself, but I suppose the least I can do is just to go with the flow and not try to let myself sink into a phase of moodiness again. Things have been really crazy for quite a while as of late, but the fact of the matter is, there's so much I still have to do, independent of what everyone else around me is up to...

No comments: