Thursday, July 29, 2004

Whoooo!!!

.:Mundane:.

I didn't have a single class yesterday, but I decided to clear out some backlog first before I went to the shop, so I went off to fix a lot of non-academic stuff that I had to write for and all that. Truth be told, the whole free cut deal has been happening quite a bit already, and it was a welcome respite from all the stuff I've been doing. I hope that I can start on the academic stuff by next week at the latest. Lots of papers to do... twenty pages of this stuff is no laughing matter...

.:Morning Rush Again:.

I decided to finally go and try the call-in Hot 10 again after almost two months of being out, because of the obvious conflicts that can and will exist. Still, I figured that as long as I stayed unmodulated, I wouldn't be that conspicuous. I was right. I stuck to my old codename as well, Ertai, which was certainly better than calling myself “Marcelle”, or worse, “Kel”.

The Hot 10 topic was about the Hot 10 questions that can put the hosts on the spot. Amusingly enough, when it was my turn, I promised to be “tame”, and then asked them who they would go after if they batted for the other team. Brad decried my claim of being “tame”, and then they took quite a while to answer the whole thing. In fact, the thought still lingered with them towards the tail end of the show, as Boom bugged them about it...

It was good, really. The awkwardness between us is slowly evaporating now, if it hasn't already.

.:Vagueness:.

Lately, it's a rarity for me to be called “smarter” than somebody else, probably because I usually hang around brilliant people by default nowadays. So when Ronan kept on jokingly emphasizing that I was smarter, he didn't realize it, but he sure made my day through it.

In any case, we were talking about how sometimes, people felt vague bouts of angst or sadness or frustration. While someone I know was more or less of the opinion that it really was the case, Ron begged to differ. He had a valid point that he eked out of me: It's vague because I don't want to define it. That also stands for some other cases of similar nature.

Marcelle: It's a vague kind of frustration. I can't quite pin it down on something specific... or someone specific.

Ron: Believe me, Marcelle: you want to pin her down. On all fours, or on her back.

Yep, Ron's immoral support is overwhelming...

.:After A Long, Long While:.

I hung around the shop yesterday after I finished checking all those long tests. In any case, I was starting to teach a kid how to play RAW Deal, and also playing a nice League of Assassins VS deck that ran very smoothly, as its resource curve was excellent. There were so many combos for me to make do with...

My Magic deck was being trampled over by a Goblin deck, on the other hand. Oh, well. That's to be expected, so it seems. I hope I can get those mana accelerator cards I need, such as Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, and so forth...

Nonetheless, there weren't too many quotable quotes in the shop itself that occurred to me, anyways. The main quotable quotes that I got were the ones that came around by the time Jason, Francis, and Martin were too busy with fiddling around with the Spycraft booster box they got, and then I hitched with Jess after the longest time of not doing so.

Here's the moment where I was telling her about my very useless time in Eastwood...

Marcelle: ... so there I was, in Eastwood, without cellphone batteries, and no Chuas in sight. I decided to borrow a battery from this girl at Starbucks, and after doing so, I didn't even ask her name or anything... she was cute...

Jess: Useless nga!

Marcelle: I can't remember her face, though. She's not that cute.

Jess: She probably won't remember your face, either.

Marcelle: You sure know how to boos someone's ego, Jess.

Jess: Okay, fine. Anything can happen, right?

Marcelle: Yep! Look at all those guys, I mean, girls! Girls who used to fawn all over Peppy during his high school days...

An honest mistake there...

Afterwards, here're a series of snippets that lead to a funny punchline...

Marcelle: So, have you heard that I'll be back at 6-9 this Friday and...

Jess: Yep. I read about it.

Marcelle: And then, there was this ultimatum I got...

Jess: Yes. You told me that over YM yesterday.

Marcelle: Plus, I had this realization that...

Jess: You told me during my birthday, remember?

Marcelle: I feel like such a parrot...

Thanx for the ride again, madame Jess. It was the perfect way to cap off what would've otherwise been a mundane and exceedingly boring day...

No comments: