Monday, July 05, 2004

Retro-Post

This retroactive post recounts more or less what happened last Friday. Pretty interesting day, in all honesty...

.:Hanging Out:.

I stayed on board for six hours today. While Anne and I did the show and had a lot of fun talking about the meanest things we did in class (I gave out two Mr. Ogrimen stories... heh.), I decided to just pass the time and stick around the station for Jda's boardwork instead. It was a lot of fun, in all honesty. I realize that I really had a lot on my plate there as I was chatting with Shai and Marfski (Who wasn't whom I thought she was. Mistaken identity on my part. Heh.), yet the nice thing about all of it was how great it really was to have some measure of rapport with Jda. She's really nice, no question about it.

The interaction between me and her was mostly just chit-chatting on whatever came to mind, really. It was good, because we were pretty snappy with our talkies, although we didn't quite do the funky stuff Anne and I like doing on the air. That's all good, though...

I also learned how to handle the WAVE console today, more or less. It's not quite as simple as the RX console, but I'm getting there. It's not that hard, really...

.:Once A Bosconian, Always A Bosconian:.

I passed by Don Bosco Mandaluyong again today, and I decided to try Louie Mar's sisig after years of not having tasted it. It was still about as good as I remembered it, which was simply not bad at all for a full meal that cost less than fifty pesos. I headed off there and met a few of my classmates like Dorado (Who actually recognized my voice in the RX Streaming plug.), Samonte, and Dones. They were asking me to try and join the 440 mailing list, although I was naturally skeptical, as I didn't quite see any reason why I should actually be in there, considering how unwelcome I was to them back in high school... still, we'll see.

Anyways, I then proceeded to meet up with Fr. Eli and Erwin Salaveria, who wanted to get in touch with me soon enough for the special Golden issue of the Bosconian Forum. I also got in touch with a couple of other teachers, chief among them being Mrs. Perote and Mrs. Tiburcio, who was the one who told me way back in first year high school that she though I'd make a good teacher. Lo and behold, after scoffing at the idea, I now find a kind of teaching career I could love, and so here I am...

Ah, well. I really enjoyed my time there in Don Bosco. I guess I'd always be a Bosconian at heart. Even Jda herself said that I seemed to emit a kind of aura that made her not so surprised when she found out that DBTC was my high school alma mater...

No comments: