Thursday, July 08, 2004

Yesterday's Craziness...

.: A Myriad Of Chatting:.

Yesterday's show with Anne was pretty fine, although the disappointment that came with not being able to get a retroactive paycheck was certainly not unchecked.

However, I cannot thank enough the people who chatted with me yesterday (Especially Chy, Shiney, Jess, and Jonsi.), as they really threshed out a lot of things with me. I know that a good chunk of them were shocked over the recent turn of events, but the fact of the matter is, what they told me still really cleared up my head about where I ought to stand...

Chy was giving me a burst of affirmation, telling me that though I may seem inadequate and underachieving to myself, people who know me outside of my circle of achiever friends regard me as anything but inadequate or underachieving. In fact, they view me as a sheer genius who knows what he wants and works towards it. Chy was reminding me that friends who can give intellectual discourse without batting an eyelash on a regular basis is no mean feat, and as such, I should consider a friend like Sach or even Dom or Kendra to be a rarity. Chy's evaluation of my separation anxiety was right, although her assertion that my friendship with Sacha has been through enough to be in for the long haul is likewise on the spot.

Jonsi, on the other hand, was showing me the contrast of his situation with mine, and in his usual playful approach at things, managed to show me that for the most part, I really should just be choosing carefully for myself what I really want, anyway. I guess this is where I realized that I'm more or less happy with where I already am, and he pretty much proved to me that I tend to run along certain patterns, and my state of mind right now is no exception at all.

Shiney was a revelation to me. As her de facto best friend, she has been of immense help to reminding me what is really going on in my life right now, and that my emotions sometimes makes me lose sight of what is really happening. It may seem that I know what I'm doing. It may seem that I know what is at stake. Yet Shai put things in perspective for me, especially in reminding me about that old film that featured Aga Muhlach and Claudine Barretto... I know that film really pointed out to me that there were more characters than Aga or Claudine, and neglecting these other characters is a brutal mistake people tend to make especially in real life. At the same time, Shiney is more or less pretty clear as well with where she stands with me. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, I was candid enough to tell her that I didn't want to accidentally lead her on, and at least, I knew I wasn't, when she pointed out to me that she knew, anyways. It's good to have a friend like that. No room for ambiguity.

Of course, Jess, on the other hand, simply knew the right thing to say at the right time. She has had numerous experiences that made her a near expert on matters such as these, while at the same time, she was kind enough not to judge me for wringing my hands in agony over considering doing something or some other. I really can't say much else about it. Jess simply was a friend who was there for me when I needed her the most. I can't complain, really. Neither can I thank her enough...

.:Store Mayhem:.

I haven't been to Hobby Haven in quite a while, so it was a welcome change of pace to see Jess, Jason, and Mikko after a long time. Denmarc, one of the L5R players there, had this hilarious joke about Pierre, the French Fighter Pilot. Anyways, it was all good. The conversation with Jess was funny though, as she was letting me milk all my emotionality out of my system, with songs like “Crazy For You” and “Hindi Ako Bakla (Kla Kla Kla Kla Kla)”... I did get something caught in my eye when I started singing “Kung Ako Na Lang Sana”, though Heh. Jess was laughing at the whole charade... I claimed I was sleepy, though.

And yeah... Jess and Mikko were angry with Munchkins back there, so they bought a whole bunch for everyone in HH.... heh. The Royale Cremes were a nice addition as well...

No comments: